Thursday, 10 September 2026

A Songbird Interview!!

This is going to be a short one, but I really wanted to sort of jot it down somewhere of such a wonderful passion project I stumbled across. 

I found Emily Stabell through tiktok when she posted about a passion project of hers she's been doing and thought it was so beautiful. Writing and interviewing small artists across the globe to sort of bring light to the upcoming musicians of the generation. The internet is so vast, and often I feel you can get so lost in it, or stay within the mainstream echo chambers of music and arts. We often forget that there is constantly SO much potential growing everywhere!!

I connected with Emily, she is a sweetheart and more and really, I admire her work and dedication to it. She sent me some questions, I answered and then POOF! This beautifully written substack about me was made. It was such an oppurtunity and even small, I have found so many small artists I now LOVE through it!! To name some would be @annie.leppert and @abbyhayes75 .

I really do hope if anyone reads my silly little blog, they should definitely check out Emily's Songbird Substack - ill link it here <3 and even more so the one she so brilliantly wrote about me ;) - Mei Thistle, picking up the pieces.

I think it's important to remember the small joys you have in your art, whether you're a veteran of your craft or an amateur in it. It's the achievements and the goals you set yourself that can only ever define success for your career, and you do honestly also have to look at your own unique situation. Songbird may be so small to someone else, but to me it really built confidence and happiness that I was written about!!! Little wins count, the little parts of you that build up to who you are, you will win in some way, I know I have!

(omg...!!)

Joyfully yours, Mei xx

No comments:

Post a Comment